Suze Gardner is an athlete, athletic coach, and life coach.
At 19, Suze was a member of the US National Women’s Water Polo Team when she decided to make a shift. She spent the next 13 years working with teens, coaching water polo, primarily at the high school level but with some middle and elementary athletes as well. In her first season as coach at the Burlingame High School, the team earned its first CCSA tournament bid. Over the following years, Suze took multiple Burlingame Aquatic Club (BAC) teams to compete in the National Junior Olympics tournament. During her tenure as the Executive Director for the BAC, where she coached coaches and kids to realize success in prominent collegiate swimming and water polo programs, Suze found her true passion – being a life coach for teens.
Suze founded her business Inner Bridge Coaching in 2016 so that she could put all her energy into the work she loves: helping people live their most authentic life. She focuses on working with teens, the demographic she believes are most often overlooked when it comes to coaching support. Trained through the Coaches Training Institute (CTI), Suze lives with her family in Alameda, CA and works with clients all over the US and Canada.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What Suze went through when she made the big decision to quit playing water polo when she had a great chance to play in the Olympics
- The tendency for parents to be scared and unknowingly take choices away from their children and the negative effects that has on their kids
- What causes kids to be scared to make decisions for themselves and what can be done about it
- The importance of spending alone time and why electronic devices are making that an incredibly rare occurrence
- How Suze helps teens be creative as their life coach
- Helping teens figure out what they want to do after high school
- Why you need to ask your teens better, more variant questions than just “how was your day?”
- Showing your teens your vulnerable side
- Finding the form of meditation that works for you
- Some of the best breakthroughs Suze has seen as a life coach
- How to know if a life coach is right for your kids
Ways to contact Suze:
- Website: www.innerbridgecoaching.com