Matt Huxley is in his 24th year in public education. He taught for 10 years at the middle and high school levels and has spent the last 14 years in administration as an Assistant Principal at Berkeley High School, a Principal at Mill Valley Middle School, and now as Executive Director at The Academy of Alameda. While the work is not always easy, Matt feels blessed to be an educator and to have the opportunity to work with really great people in an effort to provide a world class education to students. He feels as passionate now at he did 24 years ago as a new teacher.
Matt Huxley is in his 24th year in public education. He taught for 10 years at the middle and high school levels and has spent the last 14 years in administration as an Assistant Principal at Berkeley High School, a Principal at Mill Valley Middle School, and now as Executive Director at The Academy of Alameda. While the work is not always easy, Matt feels blessed to be an educator and to have the opportunity to work with really great people in an effort to provide a world class education to students. He feels as passionate now at he did 24 years ago as a new teacher.Read More
Teenhackz is the combined talents of Lisa McDonough and Lisa Allanson - two Aussies that happened to meet in the US and who share over twenty years experience in Human Resources Management and Leadership Coaching. We are accredited facilitators of several internationally recognized behavioral profiling tools. As a result, we understand ‘what makes people tick’ and how to get the best out of them.
For years now we have been designing and facilitating behavior based leadership and team development programs for organizations all over the world. Regardless of country or industry we are consistently asked if we can "do this stuff" for teens - the next generation of employees. We are asked by corporate leaders and participants on our programs, many of whom are struggling as parents of teens themselves.
So, we have taken what we know and applied it to the next generation, equipping them ahead of time with the tools and resources they need for work and life success. We want them to be able to make smart decisions about educational direction and career. We want them to be be informed, empowered, and focused on the things that energize them, versus the things that they think they 'should' be doing.
We want to turn around high school and college drop out rates, teen depression and overwhelm; and positively impact life satisfaction and resilience. We also want to engage parents in their teen's journey; equipping them with tips, tricks and strategies to set their teens up for success.
We embarked on a personal mission to:
- provide tools and resources to parents of teens - to instill productive habits and behaviors in the home.
- develop a behavior profiling tool just for teens - to foster self-awareness and and improve relationships, communication and decision making.
- facilitate engaging workshops and programs for teens and parents of teens across relevant touch points - schools, corporates, community groups etc.
In a nutshell we help teens become life ready, work ready and resilient!
TEEN INTERVENTION - THREE WAYS
- Surprise! Our kids are growing up in a different world; one with more complexity, and an overwhelming number of choices. Their education supports a lot of learning and information, yet limited life skills. And in our continual angst over their future, and with the best of intentions, we often disempower them.
- Our purpose is to support you in preparing your teen to one day ‘leave the nest’ and confidently embrace the challenges and triumphs of adulthood. Check out our Products page for tools and resources.
2. SCHOOLS & COMMUNITY GROUPS
- We know that success as a teen is most often measured in terms of academic results and intelligence (IQ). In their limited life experience this is the basis on which many of our teens are making future study and career decisions.
- But how can we balance this with emotional intelligence (EQ) - their capacity for self-awareness; their ability to understand what motivates them as individuals; their capacity to understand the needs of others? Do they have the self-awareness to make smart decisions regarding their future?
- That’s where we come in! We facilitate teen workshops designed to help students understand their unique behavior style - what makes them tick and how to embrace success behaviors. To hear more, click on the link below.
- We understand what it takes to be successful at work. We also know that employers who invest in employee engagement programs can positively impact both current and future employees.
- That's where we can help! We facilitate Raising Resilient Teens and Decoding Teen Behavior workshops for employees with teens. The outcome is improved relationships in the home and happier employees at work.
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD A PDF