Mitch Matthews is co-founder of the BIG Dream Gathering, a serial entrepreneur, speaker, and author. His DREAM – THINK – DO podcast helps people to dream bigger, think better, and do more… and has been rated #1 by the Huffington Post.
Mitch’s personal dream is to help launch a million dreams in his lifetime. Bringing this goal to colleges and universities across the country, the Big Dream Gathering is now more than a series of events; it’s a movement – a movement of people giving themselves permission to dream and helping each other to achieve those dreams.
Mitch brings to our show a unique perspective of what it takes to turn a dream into a reality and the role of a resilience mindset in forging success.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Mitch’s background
- Why Mitch believes that dreaming needs to be separate from thinking
- Why it’s important to celebrate learning
- Why you must give yourself permission to dream
- Letting kids make decisions for themselves
- Why it’s important for parents to engage their children and ask them questions
- Having your children dig into their virtual mentor
- The importance of having your kids talk about their dreams and helping them ignite their passions
- Why you need to have the ability and willingness to say no
- Why Mitch is a big fan of doing biographies with your kids
- Book: “Ignite: A Little Book to Spark your Big Dreams” – Mitch Matthews
- Website: mitchmatthews.com