Lisa Allanson and Lisa McDonough each have over twenty years experience in corporate Human Resources Management and Leadership Coaching. They understand what ‘makes people tick’ and have had the opportunity to observe daily, the impact of behavior on productivity and performance at work. Taking everything they know about what it takes to be successful at work, they have turned their attention to the next generation – ‘teens’, helping parents prepare their kids for life and work in the real world.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Our journeys, why we started this business and our podcast
- How what we do (or not do) as parents can show up in the workplace. A story about an employee who arrived half an hour late to a meeting because he decided to stop and buy socks
- How boundaries today (or lack thereof) are allowing our teens and future employees to believe that everything in life and work is optional and negotiable.
- Why your day needs to start before you get to work. Taking care of the personal stuff before you’re on the clock
- The consequences of not being prepared
- Why you need to create great habits in your children early
- The pitfalls of allowing your children to become reliant on ‘nagging’
- Teaching your kids that they don’t need to be the best 100% of the time
- Why managing relationships is the key to success and the importance of emotional intelligence
- Why your goal is to help your kids become fully functioning adults. This means being a parent now so you can be a friend later