Catherine is the founder and Managing Director of Personally Recommended Australia, specializing in market research and recruitment for the retail industry globally.
Catherine completed a Bachelor of Business majoring in Human Resources and Industrial Relations and has held much senior Recruitment & Human Resource positions over her 25-year career. She understands what employers look for in hiring young talent, and what makes a great candidate.
Combining industry knowledge with business street smarts, Catherine has been providing high-quality recruitment and human resource solutions to global retailers for over a decade.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- A common sense approach to raising teens who will be ready for work
- The importance of practical skills like cooking and budgeting
- How fostering independence needs to start early
- Not enabling dependent behavior by over-parenting
- Learning how to balance guidance and letting go
- Allowing your child to look at themselves and decide who they are
- The value of education – even if it means not pursuing college
- Why downtime is vital for children of any age
- Accountability and giving your child credit for their mistakes and successes
- Why it’s OK not to be perfect
- Self-awareness and empathy lead to having authentic conversations